Enroll and Register for Classes

Image of a student studying

Required Transfer Advising

Before you register for classes, you must consult with an academic advisor in your department either:

  • during an advising session at June Transfer Orientation if entering in the fall, or
  • by setting up a one-on-one meeting with the transfer advising contact for your major if transferring in the spring, or if you were admitted for the fall after Transfer Orientation in June or are undeclared in the College of Liberal Arts.

Enroll and Register for Classes

Enrolling for the Spring?

If you were admitted for the spring semester, you can register for classes starting in December, after currently enrolled students have registered. You do not need to pay an enrollment deposit at this time. In November, review the Spring Course Schedule and registration information at MyUNH. Then schedule a one-on-one appointment with your departmental transfer advisor in December to discuss course selections and registration procedures.

Enrolling for the Fall?

Before you can register for classes, you must first pay your $350 enrollment deposit by the due date on your letter. Usingthe blue envelope you received with your acceptance letter, mail the topportion of your deposit bill and a $350 check with your name and student ID number (found at the bottom of your acceptance letter) written clearly at the top. If you have misplaced the blue envelope, please mail your check and deposit form to: University of New Hampshire, Business Services, Stoke Hall, 11 Garrison Avenue, Durham, NH 03824-3511. 

Next register for June Transfer Orientation, which includes an academic advising session that is required before you can register for classes.

If you’re accepted for the fall semester after June Transfer Orientation, you should schedule a one-on-one appointment with your initial departmental advisor to discuss your course selections and registration procedures. You will be able to review the list of fall courses open to transfer students and course descriptionsin mid-May.

Admission Status

You are admitted to UNH pending the satisfactory completion of any ongoing coursework. Your admission may be suspended if we do not receive your final transcript on time or if your academic performance is unsatisfactory.

Final Transcripts

It is your responsibility to have your final transcript sent to the Admissions Office* by the First Day of Classes.

*If you are enrolled in coursework through UNH Continuing Education, the Thompson School of Applied Science, or UNH at Manchester, the Admissions Office will obtain your final transcript from our Registrar’s Office.

If you have questions, we have answers. Call the Admissions Office at 603-862-1360.